Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Monday, March 14, 2011

day 5 - i am home.

My schedule the last few weeks has been crazy. Almost every day I am at work and school from 9am until 9 at night. In all the busyness of this semester, it sometimes feels impossible to rest in the presence of God. I am wondering how to find and make time for creativity, reflection or prayer, when to be honest, I come home at the end of the day, all I want to do it lay on the couch and watch tv.

I am still growing in this area, struggling to figure out how to make time for what my body and soul really needs.

One small way that has helped me find stillness in the midst of chaos these last few weeks is the practice of walking mediation. I do this on my to class, or even from the short walk to and from my car. It is a practice in which you count the number of steps you take as you inhale and exhale. As you walk, you become aware of your breathing and of your own presence as your feet find the ground. Then you can begin to pick words to meditate on with each step or breath.

Lately, my meditation is simple. "I have arrived. I am home." So, as I walk, I am aware that I am stepping into just the right moment, the right place on the earth. It brings me a sense of rest, and with each step I feel I am coming into the embrace of the divine.

No comments: