Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

give thanks.

just a few blessings that make me glad to be alive, in no particular order:


kyle, the love of my life, who never fails to make me feel like I am home.
nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips.
my sister's rambling phone messages, that always me feel like she is in the next room, even when she's miles away.
my mom and dad, who believe in my choices.
dogs, with their curiosity, playfulness and loyal love.
my covenant group, who inspire me and remind me of my calling just by being who they are.
lake erie.
female friends, who make me laugh and who understand.
charlie helfert and willard spiegelman -- two undergrad professors who helped me see the world with open eyes and an open heart.
the psalms, that remind me of God's presence.
the way the air smells when seasons are shifting.
poems that open me up to the miraculous life that was right here all along.
a good cup of strong black tea. with milk.
Process Theology, that provides such vivid language to talk about faith.
sonic bevs.
Dr. Harold Washington and Dr. Young Ho Chun, who reveal the power of God's love, even when students are barely listening.
christmas music.
new opportunities.
busy streets in the city, where everyone looks like they're going somewhere, journeying down their own separate paths, together.
the 2008 election of Obama and the hope of becoming a better nation.
indian food.
the beautiful children and the interns who I've met the last two summers -- each one the living presence of jesus christ.
the open table of communion.
fresh flowers, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables -- earth's rich bounty.
football games. everything about them.
sharing a bottle of red wine and great conversation.
the community at st paul school of theology.
music that makes me dance foolishly.
london.
art books.
warm laundry, right when it come out of the dryer.
thanksgiving food. and leftovers.
zack's pumpkin roll.
the smell of wood furniture at world market.
my brother's dry sense of humor.
the Alexanders, who are my second family.
the rocky mountains.
texas, and the wonderful people who live there.


This is only the short list.
I am abundantly blessed and so very thankful.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Just catching up on the blog reading. Your list is great! We should totally find time for wine and conversation some time... I never get that opportunity anymore! (Maybe I can bring some pumpkin roll!)