Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Monday, December 3, 2012

advent 2: you are not lacking.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that has been given you in Christ Jesus, for in every way you have been enriched in him, in speech and knowledge of every kind-- just as the testimony of Christ has been strengthened among you-- so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will also strengthen you to the end, so that you may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." -1 Corinthians 1:3-9


I wonder if the young sapling
considers the height
of the towering oak
and thinks itself lacking.
Does it question
its smallness?
No matter
one's age in years,
there is that dull throb
of impatience, of want:
the ache to be more.
But the generous sky
tells another story:
bathing the sapling in light,
enriching it with water.
Oh Child, says the sky,
You are not lacking.
You have all that you need.
It is enough to put down shy roots,
and unfurl your fragile branches.
The wide newness of this day
is all the grace you need.



2 comments:

Lisa Trinter said...

Sometimes I am overwhelmed with all that I physically have. Sometimes when I can just sit and just take in the present moment, the feeing of peace washes over me. Peace and Love engulf me and I realize that this is all I need. God within.

- love the mystery - said...

This is the perfect reminder: "This is all I need. God within." So perfectly, beautifully put.