Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

heat wave.


So, today in Berkeley there was a high of 97, and in Pleasanton where I work the high was 104. I know to many mid-westerners and southerners this does not seem so bad compared to humid, hot weather you've been suffering for weeks. And I have to admit that I have been quite a whiner all summer about how its been in the 50s and 60s and I wanted real summer weather worthy of a trip to the pool or beach.

But this week the heat finally hit and I realized two important things: I do not have time to go to the beach or pool when I work all day. And two: we do not have air conditioning.

I know I am being a baby, but I must confess I actually used the phrase, "It's hotter than the devil's balls." I don't even know what that means, I just know its true.

I need an icy margarita. Or at least a diet coke.

No comments: