Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

just in case you haven't seen it.

If you are in ministry, especially youth ministry, you've probably seen this already. But if you haven't yet experienced the amazing power of Ignatius and Flame Ministry, you need to watch this:



hehehehe.

It gets me every time. Probably because I've spent a lot of time in youth ministries and young adult ministries, and so much of it rings true to what we present as the "cool" Christian culture. Lots of hair gel and graphic design -- but no depth. I watch it and laugh (hard), and pray that Church can be something better and more authentic.

I'm using it for my youth group this week as a starting point for talking about what ministry is and what they envision youth group to be. Should be fun.

I'd love to hear your reactions :)

1 comment:

- love the mystery - said...

Although, I think this video is funny and a point well taken for the most part... I just want to note that I really don't like the homophobic references to "fruits" and "flamers." Just want to put that out there.