Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Monday, May 9, 2011

be and be not afraid.

Transitions are frightening places. After spending nearly two years journeying in ministry with one group of people, I had come to know them. Known their needs, their passions, their idiosyncrasies. Known how they connected with one another and with God. Saying goodbye to that community is harder than I can put into words, and moving on from a familiar place, with people I know and love is a painful process. I would be lying if I said, that I am not afraid.

But as I step toward the unfamiliar, even as I grieve what I am leaving behind, I am filled with hope. As I take this leap during the Easter season, I cannot help thinking of resurrection, of the new life that bursts out of grief and death. Through the clouds of my fear, I can see the flourishing possibilities of new opportunities. The miracle of getting to know, love and journey with new people.

Tracy Chapman sings, "Be and be not afraid to reach for heaven." These hope filled words, remind me to step out without fear, and to trust that the reaching will bring us closer to the beauty of God.


No comments: