Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Friday, April 1, 2011

day 21 - no words.

One of my new favorite things is Story People art. I love how playful they are while still being so full of feeling, depth and meaning. The combination of vibrant colors, whimsical figures and simple story is magical.

One of the art pieces says, "I read once that ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand and Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep and there are no words for that."

As someone who loves language and is constantly reading and writing, I am so often trying to pin things down in words, but when I read this it reminded me of how the people and things we love are beyond language. How it is the feel of a person's hand, the way they smell, their patterns of freckles, and all those tiny indescribable things that make them their particular self that we love. I am so thankful for love beyond words.

No comments: