Featured Post

A Dedication.

  These words are for the artists and dreamers  Who want a slippery God, Not the stone one nailed permanently to a cross In old buildings, t...

Friday, June 12, 2009

hello again.

Okay, I know. It’s the oldest story in the blogger book. I started a blog and in all the excitement started with at least weekly postings; soon, these began to dwindle to a more irregular bi-monthly posting… and then April came, the end of the semester craziness began, and suddenly it was mid-June and there wasn’t so much as a word of update on my blog page.


Well, I’ve decided to resurrect my very sad and neglected blog. Mainly because life is full of beauty, chaos and general absurdity, that too often it goes unnoted and unnoticed. Blogs are this great place where we can jot down our thoughts and observations to share with each other, and to look back on later. The poet John Ashbery once observed, “What is beautiful seems so only in relation to a specific life, experienced or not, channeled into some form…” I think that blogging has to do with this urge to offer some bit of beauty to the world by putting our lives into a kind of form and offering it to others. Little snapshots of a life experienced.


I must admit, my desire to return to this world of internet sharing also has to do with the fact that I am coming to point of huge changes in my life. In May, I got engaged to the love of my life. Getting to spend my life with him is the biggest blessing I can imagine. Not only because he is a wonderful person, but because he helps me see things in new ways. Having a partner in the journey makes the landscape so much more beautiful. We also made the decision to move together to Berkeley, California (right across the Bay from San Francisco). I will be transferring to the Pacific School of Religion to finish my Masters of Divinity and Kyle will be attending the Graduate Theological Union to begin his PhD work. This means packing up and moving across the country, beginning the job search once again, finding new friends and new ministry opportunities—building a new life together. It is scary and incredibly exciting all at the same time.


Anyway, I’m back and I’m going to try to make regular updates. In honor of this momentous (not-so-much) occasion, I would like to celebrate with the creepy old man who loves the 30 rock theme song. He’s the best.

No comments: